[Dbix-class] might_have join condition with value rather than column

Jason Gottshall jgottshall at capwiz.com
Mon Jul 14 15:59:06 BST 2008

Robert Loomans wrote:
> Henry Drinkwater wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> I am trying to create a might_have join condition in DBIx::Class where
>> I want to add a value comparison as well as having matching values in
>> the foreign and self columns. To give an example, suppose I have two
>> tables:
>
> I too would love to be able to do this.
>
>> but couldn't find anything that worked - I get an exception thrown
>> like this:
>>
>> Invalid rel cond val HASH(0x94a79c)
>>
>> for all the things I tried. Is this kind of join possible and if so
>> what is the right syntax?
>
> I've looked for the error in the DBIC code and it doesn't support
> parsing such relations...
>
> Is this an oversight and no-one else has had that particular itch, or is
> there reason for not implementing it?

I raised the same issue a while back. The basic gist of the response was
that it's definitely desirable but probably a little tricky to
implement. I did some code diving at the time, and stopped when my head
got near the exploding point. I haven't had any tuits lately to devote
to the issue, but I'm sure the core maintainers would love to have
somebody take a crack at it...

Jason