[Dbix-class] dbix-class fails installation test

Matt S Trout dbix-class at trout.me.uk
Sun Jul 20 02:57:18 BST 2008

On Sat, Jul 19, 2008 at 03:59:45PM -0700, Jerry Kaidor wrote:
> Hello,
>  It turns out that the failing test(s) is(are) in 33storage_reconnect.t.
> The first two tests pass, and after that, there;s a test where it yanks
> the db file out from under SQLite, creates a null one, chmod's it so
> SQLite can't write it, and tests to see that SQLite fails.  Then it
> tests to see if SQLite can reconnect when the original db file is
> put back.
>
>    This seems mighty contrived to me, especially since I have a functioning
> mysql server on the box, and plan to use it.  I'm just going to install
> this package and move on.  Unless somebody has a fix....?

I'd love you to try and figure out why that doesn't work - it does on any
machine I have access to.

As for running the test against MySQL instead, we'd love to, but there's
some work to be done before that's viable - basically trying to get the
thing to run against MySQL, seeing what goes wrong, poking it some more etc.

I'd say that just forcing it is fine from your POV. I just wish we knew why
it hates you.