[Dbix-class] Re: Versioned Cluelessness

Christopher Laco claco at chrislaco.com
Sun Jul 27 01:16:48 BST 2008

Dagfinn Ilmari Mannsåker wrote:
> Jess Robinson <castaway at desert-island.me.uk> writes:
>
>> Long old thread but, feel like adding 2cents..
>>
>> On Tue, 8 Jul 2008, Christopher H. Laco wrote:
>>
>>> No: perl -MMySchema -e 'MySchema->connect(...)->deploy' does not count
>>> as user friendly.
> […]
>> Also I'm a bit surprised at this moaning, you know the drill.. If
>> someone alerady wanted these, they'd be written by now, so I guess
>> you're the only one that felt this way so far.. go do something about it.
>
> You mean a command like "dbicdeploy"? Yeah, shame it doesn't exist,
> somebody really should write something like that. Oh, wait, someone did:
> <http://search.cpan.org/perldoc?dbicdeploy>.
>
> jrockway++

Yeah, in another dist. How friendly. Like I said before, this is not a
personal attack on anyone here. I do use Perl as my first language.

But this attitude is EXACTLY what I'm talking about. It's offputting and
completely in denial that a lot of cat/dbic shit could be a hell of a
lot easier compaired to other Frameworks.

-=Chris