[Dbix-class] RFC: DBIx::Tree::NestedSet

Wade.Stuart at fallon.com Wade.Stuart at fallon.com
Mon Jul 28 01:09:24 BST 2008

Pedro Melo <melo at simplicidade.org> wrote on 07/25/2008 06:48:45 AM:

> Hi,
>
> On Jul 25, 2008, at 1:54 AM, Matt S Trout wrote:
>
> > rafl has just pushed
> >
> > http://dev.catalyst.perl.org/repos/bast/DBIx-Class-Tree-NestedSet
> >
> > so I'd like all the people who said they'd work on it and failed to,
> > and
> > anybody else who's interested and not lame, to have a look over the
> > code
> > and API and code and comment :)
>
> I've looked and I can add some working code I have. Should we send
> patches to the mailing list  with comments or just HTTP urls to patches?

It looks like it is missing some of the nested set functionality that I
would use:

delete -- deletes the node and all related children
delete_node -- deletes a node and takes parameters as whether to (if they
exist) shift children to parent, make nodes on current level or shift to
peer node.
chroot -- set the root as a member node
is_leaf -- is the node childless?
is_root -- is the node root?
path_to_node -- show the breadcrumb to node
node_depth -- what is the depth of the node (depth_of_subrtee 0, x)
depth_of_subtree -- given a node what is the depthmap of children
immidiate_children -- only respond with immediate children of the node
(children_maxdepth 1)
children_maxdepth -- search for children to a given max depth

I have sql for most of these (mysql sorry).  is there any interest to add
these?