[Dbix-class] Configuration query - Catalyst::Model::DBIC::Schema

Dermot paikkos at googlemail.com
Mon Jul 28 12:41:22 BST 2008

Hi,

I am sure this a simple question but I can't seem to find a solution.

I am trying to deploy my Catalyst app. I have a DBIx Model file with

use strict;
use base 'Catalyst::Model::DBIC::Schema';

__PACKAGE__->config(
    schema_class => 'MyApp::Schema::MyAppDB',
    connect_info => [
        "dbi:SQLite:/path/to/data.db",    # ! __HOME__/data.db
    ],
);

I don't want to hard-code the path to the SQLite file but unless I do
I am getting DBI Connection failed: unable to open database file(1)
after a login attempt.

I can't seem to find to a way to configure my connect_info or use the
values from my Cataylst conf file which reads

<connect_info>
      driver dbi:SQLite
      file __HOME__/motion.db
</connect_info>

Is there way to use the values from my conf file or a variable that
will refer to the Cataylst root dir that DBIC::Schema will be aware
of?

Thanx,
Dp.