[Dbix-class] Configuration query - Catalyst::Model::DBIC::Schema

Dermot paikkos at googlemail.com
Wed Jul 30 15:50:40 BST 2008

2008/7/30 Matt S Trout <dbix-class at trout.me.uk>:
> On Tue, Jul 29, 2008 at 09:15:42AM +0100, Dermot wrote:
>> 2008/7/28 Matt S Trout <dbix-class at trout.me.uk>:
>>
>> I don't want to stray off the topic.  I used
>
> that explains __HOME__ versus path_to.

It would be useful to know where these vars are documented.

> my key point was "put the connect_info in the right damn place".

I hear you. I have been trying. I did manage to get my import script
to work with

<MyApp::Model::MyAppDB>
  connect_info   dbi:SQLite:__HOME__/motion.db
#  connect_info   SQLITE NoUser
<MyApp::Model::MyAppDB>

Once I used the fully qualified the name to my model.

Now I am stuck on my original point.

Using Catalyst::Model::DBIC::Schema with my Schema set-up/config file in
MyApp/Model/MyAppDB.pm which has

use base qw(Catalyst::Model::DBIC::Schema);

__PACKAGE__->config(
    schema_class => 'MyApp::Schema::MyAppDB',
    connect_info => [
        "dbi:SQLite:datafile.db",
    ],
);

Unless connect_info uses the full path to the SQLite file, as below,
it fails with
DBIx::Class::ResultSet::count(): DBI Connection failed: unable to open
database file(1) at dbdimp.c line 94...

    connect_info => [
         'dbi:SQLite:/full/path/to/datafile.db',
     ],

What I had hoped was that I could somehow use __HOME__ or something
from the conf file to give the path.

Am I making sense? I hope I am not labouring the point too much. I do
appreciate that it's probably painful explaining stuff to a newbie and
I just hope I am not obviously missing the answer :-0

Dp.