[Dbix-class] DBIx::Class::Schema->deploy and ORACLE woes

Mitch Jackson perimus at gmail.com
Wed Jun 4 14:53:53 BST 2008

>        I had hoped that the examples in the documentation would
>        work regardless of the backend database engine... but I
>        guess not. So I've changed the code to be more explicit
>        about the data types:
>
> __PACKAGE__->add_columns(
>                         HostID => {
>                                    data_type => 'integer',
>                                   },
>                         TestGroupID => {
>                                         data_type => 'integer',
>                                        }
>                        );
>
>        However, this only gets me a little further and I get
>        the following (again I've left the <*> error indicator in):

There's a few more parameters you can use with add_columns:

  field => {
    data_type => $coltype,
    size => $size,
    is_nullable => 0/1,
  }

I'm not sure where the documentation for this is.  I just dug through
the cookbook and docs for DBIx::Class::Schema->deploy, but it's not
there.  Perhaps somebody can point us in the right direction?

/Mitchell K. Jackson