[Dbix-class] DBIx::Class::Schema->deploy and ORACLE woes

Dwalu Z. Khasu dwalu at cs.bu.edu
Wed Jun 4 15:11:04 BST 2008

On Wed, 4 Jun 2008, Mitch Jackson wrote:

=>>        I had hoped that the examples in the documentation would
=>>        work regardless of the backend database engine... but I
=>>        guess not. So I've changed the code to be more explicit
=>>        about the data types:
=>>
=>> __PACKAGE__->add_columns(
=>>                         HostID => {
=>>                                    data_type => 'integer',
=>>                                   },
=>>                         TestGroupID => {
=>>                                         data_type => 'integer',
=>>                                        }
=>>                        );
=>>
=>>        However, this only gets me a little further and I get
=>>        the following (again I've left the <*> error indicator in):
=>
=>
=>There's a few more parameters you can use with add_columns:
=>
=>  field => {
=>    data_type => $coltype,
=>    size => $size,
=>    is_nullable => 0/1,
=>  }
=>
=>
=>I'm not sure where the documentation for this is.  I just dug through
=>the cookbook and docs for DBIx::Class::Schema->deploy, but it's not
=>there.  Perhaps somebody can point us in the right direction?
=>
See a) perldoc DBIx::Class::ResultSource
or  b)
http://search.cpan.org/~ash/DBIx-Class-0.08010/lib/DBIx/Class/ResultSource.pm
--
				- Dwalu