[Dbix-class] How to use a model with a different table name

Emmanuel Quevillon tuco at pasteur.fr
Mon Jun 23 13:31:41 BST 2008

Hi,

I am facing a problem (maybe a newbie one).
I have a module DB::GenericTable.pm which reflects a
'generic' table schema into my database associated to a
table name in the DB.
I'd like to kow how can I access another table (different
name) but with the same schema (same column name, same
datatype) from my perl module? Someting like

package DB::GenericTable;

use strict;
use warnings;

use base 'DBIx::Class';

__PACKAGE__->load_components("Core");
__PACKAGE__->table("genericname");
__PACKAGE__->add_columns(
);

1;

Later in my code :

my $model = $schema->resultset('GenericTable');
$model->table('my_other_table_name'); #Point to another table
$model->serach()

Thanks for any clue

Regards

--