[Dbix-class] find redux

Daniel Westermann-Clark dwc at pobox.com
Sat Mar 8 20:24:01 GMT 2008

On 2008-03-08 16:05:38 +0000, Matt S Trout wrote:
> DWC, PING. If this looks good for you I want it for 0.08100

Sorry for the delay.  $job is not allowing me to spend time on open
source recently.

> > > _unique_queries seems to work for that case - so this was the
> > > minimal change. But I am all too happy to get rid of it - so now
> > > I attach a patch bypassing that call.

Overall I think it's a sensible change, but it does bypass the
verification in _unique_queries of the number of ResultSet and query
columns.

Given that the logic looks cleaner this way, I'm inclined to go with
it.  In the case where you are specifying a key, you hopefully know
what you're doing and if you don't... you should hit the cursor
exhaustion warning.

Finally, could/should we add some tests of the carp behavior when
find() does not exhaust the ResultSet?

--
Daniel Westermann-Clark