[Dbix-class] Introspection for many to many relationships

Matt S Trout dbix-class at trout.me.uk
Tue Mar 11 03:43:11 GMT 2008

On Sun, Mar 09, 2008 at 11:55:39AM +0100, Zbigniew Lukasiak wrote:
> Hi there,
>
> I think everyone agrees that it would be good to have introspection
> for many to many relationships (to list all of those relations or
> check if a method is an accessor for such relationship).  I do
> understand that many to implemented in a different way from 'normal'
> relations and the standard ->relationships and ->relationship_info
> calls on DBIx::Class::ResultSource might not be easily adopted for
> many to many.  So what I would propose is
> for example:  ->many2many_relationships and
> ->many2many_relationship_info methods.  I remember that Matt asked me
> to make it compatible with future Moose DBIC implementation.  I have
> no experience with Moose - but I don't see why this should not be.

My basic issue is that it doesn't really belong on the result_source
exactly.

But it probably shouldn't be a class method either.

Er.

I'd really rather just make it meta-object introspection in a Moose
port tbh.

I think we should look at a roundup of what we're going to try and get
into 0.09 in what order once 08100 ships.

You ok waiting until then?