[Dbix-class] Creating a table on the fly

Peter Sørensen maspsr at sdu.dk
Tue Mar 11 07:18:45 GMT 2008

Hi,

I have a scenario where I have a model with 3 tables used
to fill out fields in my webforms. This is information of
logtype( mail,http...) and which fields I would like to extract.
It contains a lot of predefined regex to extract the information.

It could be a query to extract all ip's starting with 10. or a query
extracting all mail sendt from or to a specific domain.

It is an interface to create queries against Logfiles ( maillog, httplog ...)

When a query is created and processed I need a new table
to save this output into. Depending of what the user has selected
this will be information from the logfile like:

	Date Mail from	Mail To	Relay Ip

I don't know what in advance so I have to create the tables on the fly.

The interface is made in Catalyst with TT as view.

I use Mysql and could of course use the DBI interface for this part but I would
like to stick with DBIx class.

Is this possible?

regards

Peter Sorensen/University of Southern Denmark/mail:maspsr at sdu.dk