[Dbix-class] Installing without JSON::Any

Chisel Wright chisel at herlpacker.co.uk
Thu Mar 27 11:09:49 GMT 2008

On Thu, Mar 27, 2008 at 06:02:02AM -0500, Jonathan Rockway wrote:
> * On Thu, Mar 27 2008, Sam Crawley wrote:
> > Hi,
> > I'm attempting to install DBIx::Class, but the dependancy list includes
> > JSON::Any. Unfortunately, that module requires Perl 5.8.3, and I'm stuck on 5.8.0. Is
> > that module required, or is it possible to install without it?
>
> It's only needed for dbicadmin, as far as I can tell.

Does JSON::Any really require 5.8.3, or was the "use 5.8.3;" in the
Makefile.PL
(http://search.cpan.org/src/PERIGRIN/JSON-Any-1.16/Makefile.PL)
automagically added by something?

If you're installing from CPAN, maybe something like this will work:

cpan> look JSON::Any
bash$ vi Makefile.PL # remove 'use 5.8.3;' line
bash$ perl Makefile.PL && make test install
bash$ ^d

--
Chisel Wright
e: chisel at herlpacker.co.uk
w: http://www.herlpacker.co.uk/

  The first rule of ultra-violet pen club is no-one discusses ultra-violet pen
  club. The second rule is always replace the cap.