[Dbix-class] Scalar ref update()'s

Matt S Trout dbix-class at trout.me.uk
Fri May 30 16:01:19 BST 2008

On Fri, May 30, 2008 at 10:41:11AM -0300, Jose Fonseca wrote:
> > Please don't top post.
>
> I don't know what that means?

It means whacking your message above the quoted content, which happily
you didn't do this time.

> > Erm, there was something that was unclear to you, and you knew where in
> the
> docs you looked for it, and what to add to make it clear.
>
> Am I getting disciplined here?
>
> > Anyway, a doc patch is a much better basis for discussion than an "I
> propose"
>
> OK, I'm getting disciplined.
>
> > so such emails are likely to be ignored.
>
> Just trying to help, you are free to ignore whatever you want.
>
> > However, you have an opportunity to redeem yourself
>
> Not interested. Thank you.

Sigh. So I point out that you already knew everything you needed to make
the patch you'd said you were willing to make and could already guess
pretty certainly we'd apply it, and now you -don't- want to.

I wasn't disciplining you, I was trying to show you how to approach things
differently to minimise the chance of your good intentions and willingness
to help being wasted.

If telling you that took away that willingness to help, I'm sorry; that
wasn't my intention.

(if I was disciplining you, I would've started the message "don't be
such a fucking idiot and gone from there. I'm not an east coast american
manager, I'm a sarcastic long-harid brit unix guy. I don't do subtle :)