[Dbix-class] Scalar ref update()'s

Matt S Trout dbix-class at trout.me.uk
Fri May 30 16:03:14 BST 2008

On Fri, May 30, 2008 at 12:48:08PM +0200, Jens Thoms Toerring wrote:
> On Fri, May 30, 2008 at 11:21:59AM +0100, Matt S Trout wrote:

> > > I already sent Ash a small patch for the FAQ, based on what had
> > > been discussed here, but I don't know if he did like it or not.
> > > Having a second proposal probably won't hurt!
> >
> > Please send patches to the list; sending them to the guy who happened to do
> > the last release means all the rest of the DBIx::Class development
> > team misses out on being able to comment.
> >
> > There's half a dozen of us at least who ship releases to CPAN - ash is
> > no more the final authority than anybody else (although as project
> > founder I get the casting vote if people can't agree :)
>
> Thanks, I will do that in the future.

With most CPAN projects it's a fair assumption that the guy who shipped
the release is the one maintaining it, but we got too big for that to be
any fun ages ago and I liked to make it fairly clear I'm founder, not
Sole Source Of Truth.

Since I seem to have scared Jose off by explaining things to him but not
you, do -you- fancy having a go at patching update() and discard_changes()
docs? :)