[Dbix-class] Fw: SQL::Abstract::Limit changes

BUCHMULLER Norbert norbi.lists at nix.hu
Thu Nov 6 14:27:29 GMT 2008

Hi,

fortunately DAVEBAIRD is not MIA, just busy. (Reflecting to the yesterday
IRC discussion.)

norbi

Begin forwarded message:

Date: Thu, 6 Nov 2008 13:43:01 +0100
From: "David Baird" <dave -AT- zerofive.co.uk>
To: "BUCHMULLER Norbert" <norbi -AT- nix.hu>
Subject: Re: SQL::Abstract::Limit changes

Hi Norbi,

Yes, no problem, except timescales. I´m travelling at the moment, and
will be for the next 4 weeks, so I won´t be available until early
December to help.

Best regards,

David.

On Tue, Nov 4, 2008 at 8:23 PM, BUCHMULLER Norbert <norbi -AT- nix.hu>
wrote:
> Hi Dave,
>
> as you may know DBIx::Class is a heavy user of your module,
> SQL::Abstract::Limit (and thus indirectly of SQL::Abstract). In fact
> there accumulated a couple dozen lines of code in DBIx::Class that
> should be in a better place in SQL::Abstract::Limit or SQL::Abstract:
>
> http://dev.catalyst.perl.org/svnweb/bast/view/DBIx-Class/0.08/trunk/lib/DBIx/Class/Storage/DBI.pm
>
> As SQL::Abstract is now developed and maintained by the same group of
> developers as DBIx::Class, we started to clean up those hacks and move
> SQL::Abstract-related code where it belongs to. Some parts of this code
> should be merged into SQL::Abstract::Limit instead, and that is why I
> contacted you.
>
> I will need some help/cooperation from you to review/discuss/apply my
> patches to SQL::Abstract::Limit, and finally to do a public release of
> SQL::Abstract::Limit coordinated with our SQL::Abstract and DBIx::Class
> release. (I don't know the timeframe yet, it depends on the availability
> of my spare time, but hopefully in a few weeks. The planned release date
> is not clear for me.) Will you be able to help me?
>
> Best regards,
>
> norbi

Dr. David R. Baird
ZeroFive Software Engineering