[Dbix-class] Restricting Result Sets

Ovid publiustemp-dbic at yahoo.com
Sat Nov 8 18:31:52 GMT 2008

--- On Fri, 7/11/08, Eden Cardim <edencardim at gmail.com> wrote:

> <publiustemp-dbic at yahoo.com> wrote:
> > Because we use the resultset methods heavily,
> particularly the pager.  We'd have to find a minimal
> subset of behavior we'd be willing to support and wrap
> that in our our resultset wrapper.  Yuck.
>
> I think you need DBIx::Class::Schema::RestrictWithObject

We already looked at that.  As far as we can tell, it's just syntactic sugar for extra "where" conditions.  It doesn't satisfy our requirement because we need to filter on conditions which cannot be expressed via SQL.

So far, no one has been able to answer a very simple question:  is it possible to build one resultset from another?  Eden came close, but this is not a constraint which can be expressed via SQL.  The filter criteria may have nothing to do with the database.  We've found a frustrating work around, but frankly, it's a bit odd that this very simple question seems to be unanswerable.

Cheers,
Ovid
--
Buy the book         - http://www.oreilly.com/catalog/perlhks/