[Dbix-class] Filtering module

Matt S Trout dbix-class at trout.me.uk
Thu Nov 13 19:32:29 GMT 2008

On Tue, Oct 21, 2008 at 03:11:37PM +0400, jackal wrote:
> Hello,
>
> This is proposal for a filtering component, similar to
> DBIx::Class::InflateColumn
> It can -modify- columns transparently. When you read column - it inflates,
> when you write - deflates.
> On creating a new column, whole cycle passed - deflating for DB and inflating
> for usage.
> Module can handle scalars, because of it's destination - to modify data.
>
> Module can works together with InflateColumn:
> __PACKAGE__->modify_column('passw', ...);
> __PACKAGE__->inflate_column('passw', ...);

Seems like an interesting idea, but is it worth trying to generalise it
so you can have 1+ columns and 1+ attrbutes rather than just 1-1?

That was the original intent for FilterColumn and I think it's a good one.

I'd be happy to set you up svn space for this - mail an htpasswd line to
"mst -at- shadowcat.co.uk" and I'll sort you out.