[Dbix-class] Prefetch problem

peter at dragonstaff.com peter at dragonstaff.com
Tue Oct 7 12:23:11 BST 2008

mst wrote:

>> On Thu, Oct 02, 2008 at 04:50:23PM +0100, peter at dragonstaff.com wrote:
>> In theory you can set quoting on table and field names:
>> http://search.cpan.org/~ash/DBIx-Class-0.08010/lib/DBIx/Class/Manual/Cookboo
k.pod#Setting_quoting_for_the_generated_SQL.

>> In practice, though, that doesn't work 100% on DBs like Oracle
>
> Where are my failing tests for that? :)

Please find attached a gzipped tar demonstrating a few DBIC problems
using Oracle.

1. Quoting doesn't work with Oracle when calling DBIx::Class::Schema->deploy()
2. Oracle SQL generator DBIx::Class::Schema->create_ddl_dir() ignores
schema connection quoting parameters
3. When populating an Oracle table without an automatic PK,
DBIx::Class::Schema->populate() has to be called in list context or no
population happens

Regards, Peter
http://perl.dragonstaff.co.uk