[Dbix-class] Connection Questions

Brandi b.cantarel at gmail.com
Wed Oct 15 14:25:59 BST 2008

I have some rather naive connection questions.

1)

I am using DBIx::Class to run a CGI interface.  I have a number of
users that have a number of "permissions".  I would like the
"connection" to my MySQL database to reflect that.

In my Schema.pm, I have the line:
__PACKAGE__->connection('dbi:mysql:host=cazy.afmb.univ-mrs.fr:db=cazy_7','user1','password1');

How can I pass these username and password values to Schema.pm??

2)

I have some computation that might cause the connection to MySQL to
timeout.  How can I reestablish a connection in my script, or in other
words disconnect and reconnect again at a later time in my script?

Thanks from an Ultimate Newbie