[Dbix-class] Outer Joins

Karen Hoofnagle karen at hoofnagle.org
Wed Sep 17 20:44:24 BST 2008

I need to perform a whole stack of left outer joins and include data
from multiple tables in the results.
I've found the from clause documentation in ResultSet, so I know I can
force my own join setup if I must, but the docs do point out that this
is subverting the framework and should only be used after you've
exhausted the in-framework options.
Have I just completely missed something in the documentation? How does
one set up a left outer join within the usual working constraints of
DBIX::Class?
Here's hoping someone is going to throw me the URL I'm missing and an
"RTFM!"

Thanks.
Karen

Here's the existing sql I need to migrate into DBIX::Class:

		select
			t.tp_id,
			c.cust_id,
			t.hubidlc,
			t.len,
			t.rcntelno,
			c.lname || ', '|| c.fname name,
			c.street || ' ' || c.apt || ' ' || c.city || ' ' || c.state addr,
			e.rsuid,
			c.icomsan,
			t.icomswn,
			t.remoteunit
		from
			tr8ports t
			left outer join customer c on t.cust_id=c.cust_id
			left outer join positions p on t.tp_id=p.tp_id
			left outer join idlcpos i on p.idlcpos_id = i.idlcpos_id
			left outer join equip e on i.equip_id=e.equip_id
		where
			and site=MY SITE
			and t.len like '"+ALLTRIM(thisform.txtLookFor.Value)+"%'
		order by
			len