[Dbix-class] RecursiveUpdate and many to many

Zbigniew Lukasiak zzbbyy at gmail.com
Sat Sep 27 08:54:44 BST 2008

Hi Matt,

I would like to include your critisizm of the support for many to many
in RecursiveUpdate in it's documentation.  Tell me if I get it right.
What I remember is two points:

1. That I rely on the fact that

if($object->can($name) and
            !$object->result_source->has_relationship($name) and
            $object->can( 'set_' . $name )
        )

then $name must be a many to many pseudo relation.  And that in a
similarly ugly was I find out what is the ResultSource of objects from
that many to many pseudo relation.

2. That I treat uniformly relations and many to many (which are
different from relations because they require traversal of the bridge
table).

Is that right?

You had also a point about me using subroutines instead of methods -
but as I understand this is separated from the many to many issue.

Cheers,
Zbigniew Lukasiak
http://brudnopis.blogspot.com/
http://perlalchemy.blogspot.com/