[Dbix-class] Insert or Update (was ANNOUNCE: 0.08099_08)

Matt S Trout dbix-class at trout.me.uk
Mon Apr 20 13:02:20 GMT 2009

On Sun, Apr 19, 2009 at 11:49:29AM +0100, Peter Corlett wrote:
> On 19 Apr 2009, at 11:14, Matt S Trout wrote:
> >Valid idea though, and something we should look at making a
> >capability in
> >storage for 09 - in the meantime I'd recommend rewriting it as a
> >reusltset
> >component just as people already suggested, repeatedly.
>
> The word "component" wasn't used at all in the thread before I went
> off and wrote some code.

Well, it has been now. HTH, HAND.

> I'd argue that DBIx::Class should actually be race-free out of the box
> rather than require an obscure component to get such behaviour, but
> I'll go off and rewrite it as a component instead.

I agree, but there's a fair chunk of refactoring to do it properly, so I'd
rather wait until we do that - better to have a known bug than be stuck with
crufty code we'll have to maintain compatibility with (remember that cruft
accumulation was basically what killed Class::DBI, and I really don't want
to have to write -another- ORM :).