[Dbix-class] Insert or Update (was ANNOUNCE: 0.08099_08)

David Ihnen davidi at norchemlab.com
Mon Apr 20 17:54:48 GMT 2009

Peter Corlett wrote:
> On 19 Apr 2009, at 11:14, Matt S Trout wrote:
> [...]
>> And the patch didn't come with tests, so I assumed he didn't *want*
>> it to
>> be applied ...
>
> It was more a prompt for somebody with better inside knowledge of
> DBIx::Class to take the idea and run with it or suggest a better
> implementation. No point writing tests for code that's not suitable to
> be used...
I'd have to disagree.  The thing you should write first and is most
worth writing is the tests.  That way you know your patch works - and
regardless of what implementation is thrown at it can be interchangeably
used to determine the suitability of it.

No point in writing code for functionality or for bug fixes for which
there are no tests.  :)

(I often say... if its not tested, it doesn't work!)

David