[Dbix-class] InflateColumn with objects external to the database (like InflateColumn::FS)

Francesc Romà i Frigolé francesc.roma+dbix at gmail.com
Tue Apr 21 10:09:24 GMT 2009

On Mon, Apr 20, 2009 at 9:36 PM, Hans Dieter Pearcey <
hdp.perl.dbix-class at weftsoar.net> wrote:

> On Mon, Apr 20, 2009 at 09:25:59PM +0200, Francesc Rom=E0 i Frigol=E9 wro=
te:
> > I understand your concern about having unnecessary dependencies, but is
> there
> > any module which could provide a UUID which is already a DBIC dependenc=
y?
> I'm
> > not aware of a UUID::Any module
>
> http://search.cpan.org/~dagolden/Data-GUID-Any-0.002/lib/Data/GUID/Any.po=
d<http://search.cpan.org/%7Edagolden/Data-GUID-Any-0.002/lib/Data/GUID/Any.=
pod>

Thanks Hans, I had missed this module.

Marc, what do you think? It seems that Data::GUID::Any does exactly what
InflateColumn::FS needs, and it should be trivial to replace
DBIx::Class::UUIDColumns with it.

Francesc