[Dbix-class] ANN - DBD::SQLite version 1.24_01 - amalgamation

Darren Duncan darren at darrenduncan.net
Wed Apr 22 20:02:50 GMT 2009

Matt S Trout wrote:
> On Wed, Apr 22, 2009 at 12:26:12AM -0700, Darren Duncan wrote:
>> I am pleased to announce that DBD::SQLite (Self Contained RDBMS in a DBI
>> Driver)
>> version 1.24_01 has been released on CPAN (by Adam Kennedy).
>
> Quit announcing every single fucking release on here, Darren.
>
> It's rude, spammy, and irritating, and we don't care that much.
>
> I would suggest you restrict yourself to announce -major- releases - so for
> example the one where amalgamation goes gold would be a good one to announce.
>
> All the previous ones you've announced have been a waste of bandwidth. Don't
> make me killfile you at the list server.

I *have* only been announcing -major- releases.  There have been a total of *22*
CPAN releases since 1.14, all in the last couple months, and I only announced
*3* of them:

  - 1.19_01 - first release in a long time, with major library updates and fixes
  - 1.20    - first stable release of that series; many more updates and fixes
  - 1.24_01 - first amalgamation release

I'll also note that I expect the 1.24_x to go stable very quickly with few
changes, and that one won't warrant a separate announcement as you suggest; this
is effectively it.

Granted, not much time passed between these, but that's just because work was
being done fast.

The point of these very few announcements was to cue dependencies/users such as
DBIx::Class to major changes so they could be sure to test with them.  You *do*
like people to test against dev releases and not wait until "stable" to report
bugs, don't you?

Now, if the real issue you have is that major updates to DBI or DBD drivers or
other things that DBIx::Class depends on to operate are off-topic for the
DBIx-Class list, and that anyone who would care monitors dbi-announce/users or
CPAN recent items, then just say so and I will try to remember to stop posting
about them here, assuming you will find out elsewhere.

-- Darren Duncan