[Dbix-class] ANN - DBD::SQLite version 1.24_01 - amalgamation

Darren Duncan darren at darrenduncan.net
Thu Apr 23 20:22:51 GMT 2009

Matt S Trout wrote:
> To be honest, I wouldn't mind a request for testing. A mere notification is
> less interesting.
>
> Try posting a request for testing when you've a major release coming up
> and replying to that noting it's out once it is and we'll see if I get
> bitched at by list members again :)

Each DBD::SQLite announcement included a "Please bash the hell out of"
request-for-testing paragraph, which is actually the point for which I posted it
to some forums like yours.

But I can see in retrospect how this can be lost when it is buried in the middle
of a larger post that provides support details like what was changed and hence
areas to focus testing.

In the future I will try to differentiate my postings more, rather than having a
one-size-fits-all post for all the forums that I had been doing.  So I'll keep
to more what I already did for posts to dbi-announce etc, and I'll just send an
alternate version, that basically just gives a url/version-num and asks for
testing, to forums like DBIC; the latter version will also have a different
subject that doesn't say "announce".

This also means the timing of the different kinds of posts can differ, being
better suited for the recipients.

-- Darren Duncan