[Dbix-class] ResultSet columns attribute broken?

Bernhard Graf dbic3 at augensalat.de
Tue Apr 28 17:20:49 GMT 2009

After upgrading to 0.08100 some of my DBIC code showed error messages
similar to what was discussed in
http://n2.nabble.com/DBIx::Class-0.08100-released-to-CPAN-td2659408.html

The only difference: It happened with search().

It turned out, that the following doesn't work anymore:

(modified from t/76select.t)

my @cds = $schema->resultset('CD')->search({},
    {
        'join' => 'artist',
        'columns' => ['me.cdid','me.title','artist.name'],
    }
);

DBIx::Class::ResultSet::search(): Column artist not loaded or not passed
to new() prior to insert() on DBICTest::CD=HASH(0x199d820) trying to
resolve relationship (maybe you forgot to call ->reload_from_storage to
get defaults from the db) at t/76select.t line 13

whereas this works:

my @cds = $schema->resultset('CD')->search({},
    {
        'join' => 'artist',