[Dbix-class] ResultSet columns attribute broken?

Bernhard Graf dbic3 at augensalat.de
Wed Apr 29 11:48:29 GMT 2009

Note: This Email was send by Peter as PM, but I suppose this happend by
accident, therefore I post my answer to the list.

> > No, my testing yesterday was already with the "nailed" revision
> > (6002).
>
> "last night" is a variable notion :) Please test r6015 or later.

6017: Well, err, I'm confused. t/76select.t seems to test the columns
attribute problem, although I don't understand everything there.
make test runs ok.
When I run the test with verbose output, it shows errors - but at the
end claims "All tests successful":

perl -MExtUtils::Command::MM -e "test_harness(1, 'inc', 'blib/lib', 'blib/arch')" t/76select.t
t/76select....1..23
ok 1 - additional count rscolumn present
ok 2 - nonexistant column requests still throw exceptions
ok 3 - multiple +select/+as columns, 1st rscolumn present
ok 4 - multiple +select/+as columns, 2nd rscolumn present
ok 5 - got rows from ->all using +select
ok 6 - +select/+as chained search 1st rscolumn present
ok 7 - +select/+as chained search 1st rscolumn present
ok 8 - +select/+as chained search 3rd rscolumn present
ok 9 - Initially populated with more than 2 CDs
ok 10 - Subselect correctly limited the rs to 2 cds
ok 11 - First CD title match
ok 12 - Second CD title match
ok 13 - $rs->current_source_alias returns "me"
not ok 14 - as_query() returned empty bindval arrayref # TODO as_query() inconsistent

#   Failed (TODO) test 'as_query() returned empty bindval arrayref'
#   at t/76select.t line 88.
#          got: '1'
#     expected: '2'
ok 15 - Use of columns attribute results in proper sql
ok 16 - columns 1st rscolumn present
ok 17 - columns 2nd rscolumn present
not ok 18 - columns 3rd rscolumn present # TODO Need to remove '.' from accessors

#   Failed (TODO) test 'columns 3rd rscolumn present'
#   at t/76select.t line 110.
# died: DBIx::Class::Exception (DBIx::Class::Row::get_column(): No such column 'artist.name' at t/76select.t line 109
# )
not ok 19 - as_query() returned empty bindval arrayref # TODO as_query() inconsistent

#   Failed (TODO) test 'as_query() returned empty bindval arrayref'
#   at t/76select.t line 123.
#          got: '1'
#     expected: '2'
ok 20 - Use of columns attribute results in proper sql
ok 21 - columns 1st rscolumn present
ok 22 - columns 2nd rscolumn present
not ok 23 - columns 3rd rscolumn present # TODO Need to remove '.' from accessors

#   Failed (TODO) test 'columns 3rd rscolumn present'
#   at t/76select.t line 145.
# died: DBIx::Class::Exception (DBIx::Class::Row::get_column(): No such column 'artist.name' at t/76select.t line 144
# )
ok
All tests successful.
Files=1, Tests=23,  1 wallclock secs ( 0.76 cusr +  0.11 csys =  0.87 CPU)

--
Bernhard Graf