[Dbix-class] Oracle xmltype

Morgon Hed morgonhed at yahoo.com
Thu Apr 30 11:28:30 GMT 2009

Hi,

I am rather new to DBIx::Class and I wonder if someone could explain to me how to deal with Oracle XmlType-columns.

I have a table which contains a column of type XmlType and  I want that column to be inflated/deflated as an object of it's own.

What I need to do in order to get to the raw XML in plain DBI is to do something like the following:

$sth->bind_param(":xml", $xml, { ora_type => ORA_XMLTYPE } );

And I cannot figure out how to incorporate this binding into DBIx::Class.

Please note that I want both to retrieve and to update this column.

Many thanks!