[Dbix-class] Error when generating the Oracle schema

Quinn Fazigu quinnfazigu at gmail.com
Sat Aug 15 13:52:04 GMT 2009

2009/8/15 Octavian R=E2=BAni=FE=E3 <octavian at fcc.ro>

> DBIx::Class::Schema::Loader::make_schema_at(): No such column
> sys_nc0000500006$ on table portofoliu_cache at
> /usr/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.8.8/Catalyst/Helper/Model/DBIC/Schema.pm line
> 173
>
> I have seen that this table doesn't have a column name sys_nc0000500006$
> but
> I don't know why DBIC schema wants it.

sys_nc* looks like an Oracle-generated name, which is usually for a
constraint, and I'll make a wild guess the nc there stands for null
constraint.

Still, it's wrong that it's trying to create it as a column.

DId it ever work, and have you changed versions of
DBIx::Class::Schema::Loader (?) since then?

> Is there anything I can do to generate the table classes in this case?

Could be as easy as searching for that sys_nc* in your script and fixing it
yourself.