[Dbix-class] Use of uninitialized value warning in DBIx/Class/ResultSet.pm line 2768 (and others)

Daniel Austin daniel.austin at gmail.com
Thu Aug 27 09:08:32 GMT 2009

2009/8/27 Peter Rabbitson <rabbit+dbic at rabbit.us>:
> Stopping you right here - what lives in /Result/* are result classes,
> (also known as row classes) not resultset classes. So every Result::*
> should use base 'DBIx::Class' not ResultSet. Incidentally stuff in
> /ResultSet/* is considered a resultset and every ResultSet::* is
> expected to inherit from DBIx::Class::ResultSet.

OK, this makes sense to me. I've made the mistake of making changes I
didn't fully understand. Rookie mistake really. Feel stoopid.

I'm tying myself in knots over the Catalyst tutorial recommending
load_namespaces here (instead of load_classes):
http://search.cpan.org/~hkclark/Catalyst-Manual-5.8000/lib/Catalyst/Manual/Tutorial/03_MoreCatalystBasics.pod

and the DBIx::Class cookbook's way of doing custom SQL
http://search.cpan.org/~ribasushi/DBIx-Class-0.08109/lib/DBIx/Class/Manual/Cookbook.pod

Actually, at the time I was using this version:
http://cpansearch.perl.org/src/RIBASUSHI/DBIx-Class-0.08107/lib/DBIx/Class/Manual/Cookbook.pod

Anyway, I'll fix this code back up and let you know if that fixes
these alias issues.

Thanks.

Dan