[Dbix-class] possibility of hashref argument to Relationship::Base::proxy

Matt Whipple matt at mattwhipple.com
Sun Aug 30 04:33:04 GMT 2009

Eden Cardim wrote:
> On Sat, Aug 29, 2009 at 2:15 PM, Matt Whipple<matt at mattwhipple.com> wrote:
>
>> Is there anyhing to prohibit extending the proxy method in
>> Relationship::Base to accept a hashref which allows for the keys to create
>> the differently named local accessors to the value stored remote fields?
>>

> Why not create a method with a different name in the target class,
> then declare a proxy to that?

That's what I'm doing presently, but was thinking that replacing it with
the mapping within the proxy call would be more  concise and often more
relevant.  I'd think the ease of the workaround would knock the priority
of this change down a few pegs, but was thinking of working on it myself
unless there are inherent reasons to avoid it.