[Dbix-class] Moved over to windows Apache and lost my SQLite database

Rob Kinyon rob.kinyon at gmail.com
Fri Dec 4 20:19:49 GMT 2009

On Fri, Dec 4, 2009 at 15:16, Darren Duncan <darren at darrenduncan.net> wrote:
> Ascii King wrote:
>>
>> I have a Catalyst-FormFu-DBIx-SQLite  website database that runs pretty
>> nicely. However, I have just moved it over to a Windows box and put it on an
>> Apache server and it cannot see the database anymore. It works fine from the
>> Catalyst built-in server, though.
>>
>> The research I did suggests taht I need to do something with deploy, but I
>> can't understand what?  Is this something simple and obvious I am missing?
>
> What do you mean by "see"?  Could the problem be related to file
> permissions? Perhaps when you copied all the files and the SQLite database
> along with them, they ended up with read-only file permissions, but
> typically you'd want your database to be writable. -- Darren Duncan

Apache processes, in general, are run with very low permission levels.
Typically, files have to be owned by the user that the Apache
processes run as and/or are world-writable.

This is one (of many) reason why keeping databases in flat-files on
the webserver is generally considered to be a security risk.

Rob