[Dbix-class] Dynamically removing an auto-increment column

Steve Bertrand steve at ibctech.ca
Tue Dec 8 19:19:55 GMT 2009

Hi everyone,

I've just began using DBIx::Class late last week. Although I've got it
doing pretty well everything I want, I'm quite overwhelmed by the amount
of documentation, and hence, I'm having a hard time locating the
solution to a specific issue.

In normal mode, my software uses a MySQL Replicated setup, which is all
well and good. In test mode, I use a Schema attached to an SQLite db.

All reads work ok when switching back and forth, however any attempt to
write break.

For MySQL, I have to have the 'id' field populated with a null value
when calling create(), and with SQLite, I have to remove the id field
(auto incr).

Instead of writing if/else code in all of the methods that do an insert
to either include or exclude the id field, can someone advise on which
docs I need to read to be able to dynamically remove the id field from
the data I want to insert if SQLite is being used?

Regards,

Steve