[Dbix-class] Re: 0.08 breaks DBIx::Class::EncodedColumn

Guillermo Roditi groditi at gmail.com
Wed Feb 4 02:13:01 GMT 2009

> Ok, so it looks like somehow something changed and now set_column is
>> getting called with the encoded value and the value is being re-encoded
>>

> AHA! So i think I got it. create does new() and then insert()
>
> Looks like old insert did not use set_column, and the latest version does.
>
> What to do, fix it in EncodedColumn and break back compat or is this a db=
ic
> issue?

OK sorry for the volume, but now I am stuck because I can't even fix it by
removing my override of new since EncodedColumn hashes all the values on
set, and so they are plaintext between new and insert, which would break
back compat. this is a hairy one. something will have to break, so  if you
use EncodedColumn please put in your $0.02 now so we can fix it in the way
that will not screw over too many people...

-- =

Guillermo Roditi (groditi)