[Dbix-class] loading data types from Oracle DB with DBIx::Class::Schema::Loader

Benjamin Hitz hitz at genome.stanford.edu
Mon Feb 9 19:08:51 GMT 2009

Huh, I used this module and never noticed that it didn't write
__PACKAGE__->data_type methods in the Classes.
They work just fine, though.  Maybe it slows stuff down?

I had to hack the DBIx::Class::Schema::Loader::Oracle to handle oracle
"schemas" (aka users) because we specify tables in query with
schema.table.
Wouldn't be surprised if another hack for this would have to be made,
not many users of DBIx::Class + Oracle.

(And yes, I am a bad person for not writing and submitting a test/
patch for this....  it's very tricky for me to write tests against
Oracle because I don't have DBA table creation privilege)

Ben