[Dbix-class] Announcing 0.08099_07 (0.08100_RC1)

Guillermo Roditi groditi at gmail.com
Sat Feb 28 03:37:36 GMT 2009

On Fri, Feb 27, 2009 at 6:50 AM, Peter Rabbitson
<rabbit+dbic at rabbit.us<rabbit%2Bdbic at rabbit.us>
> wrote:

> Ladies and Gentlemen,
>
> The DBIx::Class team is pleased to announce the availability of our
> first RC. The 08100 release cycle took much longer than anticipated,
> but it was definitely worth it.
>
> All known regressions have been eliminated and a feature freeze is
> in effect (baring some regressions that might come up in the future).
>
> This release is deemed safe for moderate use, and many of the dev team
> already use it in production. Please download, test and report your
> findings.

I hate raining on people's parades, but I think I found the first bug. Sad
face. Sorry I didn't report it when I tested the RC yesterday, but I didn't
have the case in my tests until this morning.

->table(\ 'otherschema.table');

no longer works. This is kind of odd, but I have started to track it down.
The first issue is an unless(ref $table)
 in &DBIx::Class::ResoultSourceProxy::Table::table (line 78). Changing it to

test for blessed instead of ref started looking like it was going to work,
but unfortunately ->from was spitting a ref, which made the tests puke
during populate as "0x88BEEF" became interpolated into the queries. A quick
dive through Storage::DBI and DBIC::SQLA seems to indicate that the table is
passed as a ref to SQLA, and further digging seems to indicate that the ref
is not being accurately decoded by _table which handles the case fine in
SQLA. So this leaves DBIC::SQLA as the guilty party. I am at a loss for what
the fuck to do now though. I found where the bug is, I can't figure out how
to fix it.

It looks like it could be as simple as adding a new case to the if/else in
_table, or we could just call SUPER instead of returning $from but I'm not
really sure. it gets too hairy form me here

-- =

Guillermo Roditi (groditi)