[Dbix-class] Same table set, multiple schema problem

Hu Hailin i at h2l.name
Tue Jan 6 07:30:12 GMT 2009

Hi

Our application is using Catalyst and DBIx::Class. We have about 100
tables, so we have about 100 DBIC pm files. Just like
----------
Schema.pm
Schema/Table1.pm
Schema/Table2.pm
----------
purpose specified task(scripts out of persistent environment), only a
few of the tables are needed. I think loading less tables could make
it a little faster. What I can figure out is to create another suite
of schema and table classes.
----------
Schema2.pm (Only loads Table1 and Table2)
Schema2/Table1.pm (Yes, copied)
Schema2/Table2.pm (Yes, copied)
However, files copy makes me feel not good. Is there any best practice
for such a situation?

Also, there are custom methods in table classes, I'm afraid
DBIx::Class::Schema::Loader can't help.
--
islue