[Dbix-class] ANN - SQLite 3.6.8 adds nested transactions

Toby Corkindale toby.corkindale at strategicdata.com.au
Wed Jan 14 03:47:27 GMT 2009

Darren Duncan wrote:
> Toby Corkindale wrote:
>> The disconnection code is borked too; if you connect, do some work
>> with statement handles, and disconnect again, and then repeat many
>> times in the same process, you'll crash out eventually.
>>
>> The annoying thing is that there are trivial patches on rt.cpan.org to
>> fix it, and they've been there for ages, and they aren't getting
>> applied. :(
>
> Well, if that's the case, and one or more people can supply compatible
> patches for various problems, then maybe someone with less C-fu than
> otherwise can then co-maintain DBD::SQLite and apply the patches.
>
> For example, it would be easier for me to become co-maintainer if such
> help-me-fix-it feedback is readily available.  And I do want to see
> SQLite succeed with Perl, now and indefinitely, so maybe I'll go ahead
> and ask for co-maintainership.  Any objections or support?  Note that it
> is likely to be a few weeks before I release anything.

I'd be happy to help maintain it as well. I've been building a lot of
different versions of it lately while trying to track down and fix a bug
in it, anyway, so I've become better at working on it, without that
being my intention..

Another, already solved bug for which I want to see the patch applied is:

-Toby