[Dbix-class] ->deply doesn't honour qoute_char

Peter Rabbitson rabbit+list at rabbit.us
Fri Jan 16 09:52:05 GMT 2009

onken at houseofdesign.de wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I noticed that $schema->deploy doesn't seem to use the value of quote_char
> to quote the output.
> The create table commands are not quoted (neither the table name nor the
> columns).
> After deploying, all selects use quoting correctly.
> I am using SQLite.

->deploy uses SQL::Translator directly, thus DBIC quoting will not
apply. In the latest version of SQL::Translator we have:

quote_table_names

Toggles whether or not to quote table names with " in DROP and CREATE
statements. The default (true) is to quote them.

quote_field_names

Toggles whether or not to quote field names with " in most statements.
The default (true), is to quote them.

So unless you are running an old SQLT version, you have encountered some
sort of bug. Come back with more info if this is the case.