[Dbix-class] Development version and DB2

Jess Robinson castaway at desert-island.me.uk
Fri Jan 30 16:06:56 GMT 2009

Hi Andreas,

On Wed, 28 Jan 2009, Andreas Mock wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> I'm new to DBIx::Class and took the current development version
> as I saw that there a some topics fixed since the last stable build.
> I ran the test scripts against a DB2 V9.1.
>
> While all tests seem fine (if DB2 tests are skipped) I get an error
> when I want to test DB2 functionality.
>
> I hope this is the right place to post the error and someone can give
> a hint to resolve that problem. At least someone is interested.
>
> ---------------------------------8<--------------------------------------
>
> t/745db2...........................................DBIx::Class::ResultSet::next(): DBI Exception: DBD::DB2::st execute failed: [IBM][CLI Driver][
> DB2/LINUXX8664] SQL0007N  The character "_" following "BEGIN-OF-STATEMENT" is not valid.  SQLSTATE=42601
> [for Statement "_ROWNUMBEROVER SELECT ME.ARTISTID, ME.NAME, ME.RANK, ME.CHARFIELD FROM ARTIST ME (artistid) 3 0"] at t/745db2.t line 42
> # Looks like you planned 6 tests but ran 2.
> # Looks like your test exited with 2 just after 2.
> dubious
>        Test returned status 2 (wstat 512, 0x200)
> DIED. FAILED tests 3-6
>        Failed 4/6 tests, 33.33% okay
>
> ---------------------------------8<--------------------------------------

Thanks for that, I've reproduced it with my copy of DB2 (its an older
one), and fixed the code in the trunk branch in svn, so if you care to
check that out and have a go, you should find it runs now. I suspect Peter
will release it to CPAN soonish.

Now if only I were as brave as he is and used the latest dev release on my
systems, I would have noticed it earlier!

> By the way: Which version of DBIx::Class should I take to start?
> The development or the last stable release?

IMO the stable one ;)

Jess