[Dbix-class] A Very Abstract Question

Amiri Barksdale amiri at metalabel.com
Tue Jul 7 21:18:17 GMT 2009

Like I say, a very abstract question. I have a very messy, totally
denormalized DB and a custom ORM at work. The bosses want to replace it.
I suggest DBIC and some DB redesign. This app has been accreting for a
decade, and this is a big application with lots of users and
data, etc.

So, I read on this list that a good start with replacing a legacy system
is to make a DBIC schema from the current DB, change all your templates
to use DBIC stuff, and *then* set about a domain redesign, which you may
take slowly.

My question is whether this is the only way other than a "total," all or
nothing overhaul, to get started with a project like this.

Amiri