[Dbix-class] Manual Transaction Handling for Sybase ?

Robert Buels rmb32 at cornell.edu
Wed Jul 8 20:04:13 GMT 2009

Jonathan Yu wrote:
> Could DBD::Sybase or maybe DBIx::Class be patched to ignore the first
> ->begin, so that everything works normally even for Sybase?

I seem to recall that in postgres at least, if you BEGIN multiple times,
the later ones are ignored.  So starting a transaction without your
knowledge doesn't really have any practical consequences, because if you
  BEGIN again and either COMMIT or ROLLBACK.  Perhaps it's a similar
thing with Sybase?

Rob (the other one, not Kinyon)