[Dbix-class] '' != NULL for great sadness

Chisel Wright chisel at herlpacker.co.uk
Thu Jul 9 21:34:47 GMT 2009

On Thu, Jul 09, 2009 at 10:17:46AM -0500, fREW Schmidt wrote:
>    Oh yeah, I saw that for sure.� I was hoping for some kind of setting that
>    I could set that would convert '' to null in fields that aren't strings.�

Erk! Each to their own.

Where are these empty strings coming from in the first place? Ideally,
and unsurprisingly, I'd much rather have "undef" for "a field value that
hasn't been defined".

To me, and presumably others, '' (blank) means "we know what it is, it's
nothingness".

Can't the incoming data be "fixed" instead of kludging your queries?
--
Chisel Wright
e: chisel at herlpacker.co.uk
w: http://www.herlpacker.co.uk/