[Dbix-class] DBIx::Class, another data validation approach

Rob Kinyon rob.kinyon at gmail.com
Tue Jul 21 14:19:03 GMT 2009

On Tue, Jul 21, 2009 at 09:41, Ulrich Kautz<uk.lists at fortrabbit.de> wrote:
> Hello all
>
> sometime ago i wrote a data validation module for validation right in
> the model. I didnt published it yet, and now i searched the list and
> found DBIx::Class::Validation.
>
> However, i thought about using this one instead, but the migration would
> be to extensive for me and i think it does not fit my needs.. Hope this
> isnt too confusing; in the attachment is my idea of validation
> (DBIx::Class::DataValidator).
>
> Any tests, critics and ideas are welcome. I would upload it to CPAN as
> soon as is find time to clean the docs and write some more tests (the
> included should work).

Instead of dropping a blob of code, why don't you put together a
description of what yours does that DBIC::Validation doesn't? Maybe a
pros and cons for each module. If you want someone to use something
other than the established standard, you have to make the case. You
might well be right that yours is better for certain situations, but
I'm not going to take the effort to figure that out - that's your job.
:)

Rob