[Dbix-class] Help with Many to Many Relationships

Dave Cross dave at dave.org.uk
Wed Jun 17 11:12:36 GMT 2009

I've having a brain freeze trying to implement a query in DBIC. I'm sure
I'm missing something obvious.

Here's the situation. Assume standard DBIC classes (created by
Schema::Loader).

Four tables - Director, Film, Actor, ActorInFilm

A Director directs many Films.
A Film has many Actors
An Actor is in Films

So the ActorInFilm table models the many-to-many relationship between
Actors and Films.

My problem is: given an actor and a director, get the list of films that
they worked on together. So the result will be a resultset containing
Film objects (or, alternatively, a list of Film objects).

I've been thinking about it too long and I can no longer think straight.
Even explaining the problem in this email hasn't helped.

Please tell me what I'm missing.

Cheers,

Dave...