[Dbix-class] Announcing 0.08099_06

Michael Higgins linux at evolone.org
Sun Mar 15 20:29:47 GMT 2009

On Fri, 23 Jan 2009 08:44:19 +0100
Peter Rabbitson <rabbit+dbic at rabbit.us> wrote:

I've been looking at the _07 last dev release and have a question... getting some odd results, wondering if there is some way to get feedback.

I altered two tests for mssql to change the artistid to "artist #", accessor =>artistid. (This is because I've inherited a table with a column that looks like that.)

Turned on quot_char => '"'. Also with [ ]...

Statement(s) could not be prepared. (SQL-42000) [for Statement "SELECT * FROM
(
    SELECT TOP 3 * FROM
    (
        SELECT TOP 3  [me.artist #], [me.name], [me.rank], [me.charfield] FROM [artist] [me] ORDER BY "artist #"  DESC
    ) AS foo
    ORDER BY "artist #"  ASC
) AS bar
ORDER BY "artist #"  DESC

Same problem. Quotes are not supposed to encapsulate the alias, no?

So, I tested with an unmolested version, adding one line to the test to turn on the quoting:

t/746mssql.t

# fresh $schema so we start unconnected
$schema = DBICTest::Schema->connect($dsn, $user, $pass, {AutoCommit => 1,
quote_char => '"'
});

Statement(s) could not be prepared. (SQL-42000) [for Statement "SELECT * FROM
(
    SELECT TOP 3 * FROM
    (
        SELECT TOP 3  "me.artistid", "me.name", "me.rank", "me.charfield" FROM "artist" "me" ORDER BY artistid ASC
    ) AS foo
    ORDER BY artistid DESC
) AS bar
ORDER BY artistid ASC