[Dbix-class] Question on expressing relationship to one or other table depending on ENUM value

Rob Kinyon rob.kinyon at gmail.com
Thu Mar 26 14:54:58 GMT 2009

On Thu, Mar 26, 2009 at 10:05, Jason Gottshall <jgottshall at capwiz.com> wrote:
> Hardcoded (literal) values in join conditions are not (yet) supported by
> DBIC. Take a look at this previous post for ideas on a work-around that
> emulates the appropriate behavior:

So, basically, the problem is that all conditions have to be of the
form { "foreign.$col1" => "self.$col2' }, right? Reading through the
code, I don't see any major impediment to implementing this other than
a lack of tests. If I could get some tests where we have hard-coded
conditions from foreign and from self with both parameterized values
and stringrefs, I think I could get this in relatively quick. But,
since I personally don't care about this feature, I need failing tests
from those who do.

--
Thanks,
Rob Kinyon