[Dbix-class] ANN - DBD::SQLite version

Darren Duncan darren at darrenduncan.net
Sat Mar 28 03:00:51 GMT 2009

All,

I am pleased to announce that DBD::SQLite (Self Contained SQLite RDBMS in a DBI
Driver) version 1.19_01 has been released on CPAN.

   http://search.cpan.org/~adamk/DBD-SQLite-1.19_01/

This is the first CPAN release of DBD::SQLite since version 1.14 about 18 months
ago.  This is the change summary since 1.14:

   1.19_01 Fri 27 Mar 2009
     - Updated to SQLite 3.6.10, and bumped up the version
       requirement for installed sqlite3 to 3.6.0 as 3.6.x
       has backward incompatiblity (ISHIGAKI)
     - fixed "closing dbh with active statement handles" issue
       with a patch by TOKUHIROM. (ISHIGAKI)
     - skip 70schemachange test for Windows users. (ISHIGAKI)
     - applied RT patches including #29497, #32723, #30558,
       #34408, #36467, #37215, #41047. (ISHIGAKI)
     - added TODO to show which issues are to be fixed. (ISHIGAKI)
     - license and configure_requires in Makefile.PL and META.yml (Alexandr Ciornii)
     - Spelling check for SQLite.pm (Alexandr Ciornii)
     - Adding arbitrary Perl 5.005 minimum

Right now, DBD::SQLite has a new development team with Matt Sergeant's blessing,
  which is working to keep it updated and fix any outstanding bugs.  Multiple
people have made commits to it since Jan 24th.  I am serving a role as project
advocate among other things.

So please bash the hell out of the latest DBD::SQLite and report any outstanding
bugs on RT.  Test your dependent or compatible projects with it, which includes
any DBMS-wrapping or object persistence modules, and applications.

And yes we are aware that 3.6.10 isn't the latest; that will be fixed soon.

If you want in to DBD::SQLite development, then join the following email/IRC
forums which MST created (the mailing list, I am administrating):

   #dbd-sqlite on irc.perl.org

Some discussion has also taken place in the dbi-dev list and there is also a
general DBI related IRC channel, but the above DBD-SQLite forums were just
created last night.

The version control is the one Adam "Alias" Kennedy setup around January 24th,
which is a Subversion repo.  Here are some change log and browse urls:

   http://fisheye2.atlassian.com/changelog/cpan/trunk/DBD-SQLite

   http://svn.ali.as/cpan/trunk/DBD-SQLite/

Patches welcome.  Ideas welcome.  Testing welcome.  Whining to /dev/null.

In particular, we can use more people with C savvy, as we are somewhat bereft of
that among the current team.  For one thing, apparently using the amalgamation
file from sqlite.org is incompatible with the XS code that talks to the
multiplicity of original SQLite source code files, so some savvy is needed to
patch it for that migration.

Please do not reply to me directly with your responses.  Instead send them to
the forums or file with RT as is appropriate.

Thank you. -- Darren Duncan